This broccooli gratin or ” potatoe-gratin” is one of our favorit dishes and even impresses people who never had a raw food dish before.
It is easy to make. Good ingredients are important! A nice avocado without brown squeezed spots and a ripe cooking plantain (cooking banana) is important.
Have fun preparing and eating ♡
Ingrediends for two people
- one ripe cooking plantain. You get those in asia stores. It should be black outside. (normal Banana is not tasty in that dish)
- two avocados
- a small red onion
- half a lemon
- two hand full cashews
- half a brocoli
- Slice the cooking plantain and put the slices on the plate one next to the other
- Slice the red onion very thin and put the slices loose on top of the plantain layer
- Cut the avocado in half and peel it. Now slice it, too (thicker) and make another layer with it.
- Blend the nuts and put it in a bowl with the salt, the lemon juice and the other avocado. From the broccoli you want to cut of just the tips, so you have little, green crumbles from it. Mix everything with fork and put this creme on top of the dish as the last layer. Put a good amount, since this is the only layer with salt ;) You can add some water to make it more creamy.
- At the pictures you can see, that I sliced the avocado a little thinner, so I repeated layering the ingredients. You can do it like this, too. Both is yummy :)
A good and sharp knife is needed!
Enjoy your gratin ♡